Recent Posts in Courtside
Women’s soccer, which blanked Saint Joseph’s 2-0 in its Atlantic 10 opener Thursday afternoon, has gone more than 380 minutes without conceding a goal.
Men’s cross country senior Ryan Tucker was named the Atlantic 10 Cross Country Performer of the Week, the first time a GW runner has been given the weekly top honor since 2003
Volleyball senior libero Maddy Doyle and freshman outside hitter Hanna Justesen earned conference honors, the Atlantic 10 conference announced Monday.
- Atlantic 10 preview: Men's soccer looks to peak in conference play October 1, 2015Heading into league play Saturday at Davidson, men's soccer needs to focus to make sure its season does not sink.
- Racing in the District, cross country gets a taste of what could come October 1, 2015The Colonials hosted their first home cross country meet since 2005 last Saturday, meeting a longstanding goal for the team.
- The kids are alright: men's water polo and the promise of youth September 28, 2015Through 11 games, freshmen and sophomores account for 98 of the GW men's water polo team’s 104 goals.
- Atlantic 10 preview: women's soccer sets sights on NCAA berth September 28, 2015The Colonials, who now sit at fifth in the Atlantic 10 at 5-4-0, will welcome a strong Saint Joseph’s (6-3-0) side to Mount Vernon for what is sure to be an intense matchup. Although the Hawks have collected more points in non-conference play, they will find it tough to best a GW side that hasn’t conceded a goal in three games.
- Atlantic 10 preview: volleyball begins league play among 'the hunted' September 24, 2015Volleyball begins conference play Friday at home against George Mason, setting off an Atlantic 10 season that will culminate in the league’s championship tournament in Foggy Bottom.
- The swiss-army setter: Jordan Timmer's blocking epiphany September 21, 2015This season, setter Jordan Timmer has brought some surprises to the Colonials’ front line of defense after what she called a “blocking epiphany” at the Michigan Invitational at the beginning of the season.
- Despite rocky start, men's soccer remains confident September 21, 2015Through its first five games, GW was outscored 11-4, outshot 70-42 and recorded just a single win, but head coach Craig Jones and his team have taken the disappointing start with a grain of salt.
- Women's soccer gains momentum after tough early schedule September 21, 2015After a slight reprieve from a slate of tough non-conference games, the women's soccer team is hoping to open league play with some momentum.
- Cross country captains lead team to new era September 17, 2015Ryan Tucker and Caroline Wolfe, seniors, are the captains of their respective cross country teams and have lived through the program's transformation.
- Outside hitters key for volleyball to diversify attack September 14, 2015For the volleyball team to reach its goals this season, outside production will have to emerge as another team strength for the Colonials to avoid being one-dimensional.