Recent Posts in Courtside
The Colonials lost 79–69 Sunday night after allowing the Explorers to shoot 61.4 percent from the floor and 64.7 percent from three-point range.
With its leading scorer out of the lineup due to injury, women’s basketball rallied to a 76-62 victory over the Davidson Wildcats at home Sunday afternoon.
The Colonials will look to pick up their fifth win in six games as they host the Davidson Wildcats at the Smith Center, where GW is 6-1 this season and 47-7 over the past four years.
- Men's basketball freshmen display growth despite poor A-10 start January 17, 2017Despite a 1-4 start to A-10 play, men's basketball's underclassmen have gained experience playing important minutes and continue to show growth.
- Men's soccer defender turns pro with USL signing January 17, 2017Senior defender signed a contract with the Pittsburgh Riverhounds last week. He anchored a defense that led the conference in goals against this year.
- Trusting the process, women's basketball sees improvement at Gulf Coast Showcase December 1, 2016The Colonials have won five of their last six games and now sit at 5-2 – the second-best overall record in the Atlantic 10.
- Squash programs eager to prove themselves among nation's best November 21, 2016No. 11 men's squash and No. 13 women's squash look to prove their dominance in 2016-2017 as two of the top programs in the nation.
- Offensive efficiency, bench depth key thus far for women's basketball November 21, 2016After more than a week of play and three straight wins, here are a few things to look for as the season progresses.
- Observations from men's basketball's debut victory November 14, 2016Men’s basketball opened its season on Friday with a 75-71 win. While it's still too early to make any definitive predictions about the year, here are a few takeaways from GW's debut victory Friday.
- Rizzotti brings Rio coaching experience to Foggy Bottom November 7, 2016in August, Rizzotti helped the women’s national team knocked off Spain for a victory in the gold medal game for their sixth consecutive Olympic gold medal.
- Spirited Colonial Army president embarks on final year leading student fans November 7, 2016Kate Bell has become one of the most recognizable faces of GW Athletics, but she doesn’t play for any team. To know her is to know the heart and soul of GW school spirit.
- Changing the pace: Rizzotti shakes up offensive strategies November 7, 2016Under head coach Jennifer Rizzotti, GW's offense will look a lot different than it has in years past.
- Pair of transfers ready to make mark as Colonials November 7, 2016Redshirt junior guard Jaren Sina and graduate student guard Patrick Steeves join men's basketball as highly touted transfers eligible to play this season.