Recent Posts in Courtside
The women’s rowing team opened its fall schedule at the Head of the Potomac regatta, an annual event hosted by the Potomac Boat Club.
Mike Lonergan’s attorneys said the former men’s basketball head coach will “seek appropriate relief” for his termination following a probe into verbal and emotional abuse allegations.
Men’s basketball head coach Mike Lonergan has officially been dismissed from the program, according to a statement released by Provost Forrest Maltzman Saturday afternoon.
- DiBiasio leads women's cross country by example September 22, 2016Leading by example, junior Miranda DiBiasio hopes she can help women's cross country reach its ambitious goals this fall.
- Volleyball lacks consistency, focus in weekend tournament September 19, 2016Volleyball struggled to stay consistent over the weekend. The Colonials dropped all three of their games in the GW Invitational.
- Lonergan dismissal leaves questions unanswered September 19, 2016Mike Lonergan was officially dismissed as head coach of the men’s basketball program Saturday after a probe into verbal and emotional abuse allegations concluded he had “engaged in conduct inconsistent with the university’s values.”
- Men's cross country takes strides toward successful season finish September 12, 2016At the Navy Invitational on Saturday, the men's cross country team continued to show improvement.
- Senior transfer adds balance, experience to Colonials defense September 8, 2016After transferring to GW for his senior year, center back Ben Ogedegbe has become an invaluable member of the team’s back four.
- No longer under the radar, Colonials take season one game at a time September 6, 2016Men's soccer kicks off its 2016 campaign with memories of last season's regular-season title run, and a first-round playoff upset, in mind.
- Volleyball determined to flip postseason script, capture elusive A-10 title September 1, 2016This fall, volleyball looks to kickstart its season with the help of nine letter winners and a fervid determination to walk away from the A-10 Tournament as champions.
- University quiet on Lonergan allegations, investigation August 29, 2016GW has stayed quiet about its formal investigation into abuse allegations against Mike Lonergan and the operation of the men's basketball program.
- Guided by veterans, women's soccer searches for redemption August 29, 2016With the return of prolific scoring forward MacKenzie Cowley and a talented young core, the 2016 Colonials are looking to complete the mission they set out on last year: NCAA Tournament or bust.
- Class of 2020 athletes to watch June 6, 2016As a new class of freshmen descends on Foggy Bottom this summer, so does the next generation of GW athletes. Here are four Class of 2020 prospects who look poised to make an impact in their upcoming rookie campaigns.