The Colonials’ 67-50 loss at Dayton in the first round of the A-10 tournament Tuesday night wasn’t how David Pellom wanted his season to end, but the defeat solidified an accomplishment for the junior forward– setting the new single-season shooting record at GW.
Recent Posts in Courtside
GW beat Memphis 63-44 to bring its record to 8-2, the team’s best start since the 2006-07 season.
After going back and forth early, the Colonials fell flat in the second half, losing to Penn State 64-51 on the road Sunday and falling to 6-3 on the season.
GW has found some rhythm lately and will search for its fourth consecutive win against the No. 42 team in RPI. GW is ranked No. 44.
- Nearly champions, volleyball takes another leap forward December 4, 2014When the wound of a championship loss heals, volleyball will be able to look back on an impressive year: the most wins since 2000 and the first trip to the Atlantic 10 title game since 2002.
- Homecoming: Junkanoo Jam brings Jonquel Jones back to the Bahamas December 4, 2014Over Thanksgiving break, the women’s basketball team traveled over 958 miles to compete in the Junkanoo Jam, marking the first time that Freeport-native Jones has displayed her talent for her mother and grandmother in her GW uniform.
- Assists, turnovers show men's basketball has some re-learning to do December 2, 2014As the Colonials’ 58-54 loss to Seton Hall showed, just because GW doesn’t have to rebuild the house this year doesn’t mean it won’t require some remodeling for the team to get its offense humming as a unit.
- Missing post presence hurts men's basketball against No. 9 Virginia November 25, 2014Almost all of the Colonials' deficiencies Friday night stemmed from its inferiority in the paint. Virginia dominated down low, outscoring the Colonials 42-24 from the painted area and holding both GW starting forwards to a combined five points on the night.
- Volleyball’s championship dreams dashed in A-10 finals November 24, 2014The loss rendered the team runner up at the tournament, which now awaits its fate on the bubble for the NCAA tournament after a 22-8 season that was the best for the program in over a decade.
- The missing piece in women's basketball: Protecting the ball November 24, 2014While the Colonials’ loss to No. 9 Maryland on Saturday may have spoiled the welcome-back party for forward Jonquel Jones, the team also got a taste of what it can accomplish.
- Volleyball looks to repeat history at A-10 Championship November 20, 2014After a highly successful year, the Colonials will still have to knock off top competition and look out for spoilers, who have hurt them in the past. Here’s a look at the team going into the tournament, as well as its potential path to a championship title.
- Not by design, backcourt takeover helps GW take down Rutgers November 19, 2014On a night when their opponent was missing their most commanding inside player, it was the Colonials' backcourt that drove the team to a 17-point victory.
- After recovering from third concussion, senior guard enters first season as a Colonial November 17, 2014Chase played her first minutes of regular season competition since her sophomore year Friday in GW’s season opener, a little over a week after she revealed that the “personal medical condition” listed on the roster last year had been a concussion.
- Men's basketball beats Rutgers on the road, starts season 2-0 November 17, 2014Men’s basketball earned its second consecutive victory of the season Sunday night, defeating Rutgers on the road 70-53.