The Colonials’ 67-50 loss at Dayton in the first round of the A-10 tournament Tuesday night wasn’t how David Pellom wanted his season to end, but the defeat solidified an accomplishment for the junior forward– setting the new single-season shooting record at GW.
Recent Posts in Courtside
The volleyball team earned a big non-conference win Wednesday against American, knocking off the Eagles in a five-set dogfight.
Couldn’t watch the basketball teams’ media day? Both men’s head coach Mike Lonergan and women’s head coach Jonathan Tsipis spoke to the press about their upcoming seasons.
Junior middle blocker Chidima Osuchukwu’s performance on the road this weekend earned her a Co-Player of the Week award, her fifth A-10 weekly award this season.
- With tournament nearing, volleyball must quickly ease growing pains October 30, 2014With only five matches left in conference play and the test of the Atlantic 10 tournament approaching, the Colonials' time to study is running out.
- 2014-15 Atlantic 10 Conference Men's Basketball Predictions October 30, 2014The A-10 is ripe with parity: Just 6.7 percent of league games were decided by 20 points or less last season, the lowest of any conference in college basketball. That said, the league will have to sort itself out come March, and this is how we think the season will unfold.
- Redshirt freshman converts potential into conference-leading defense October 27, 2014Horn ranks first in the conference for keepers who have played at least nine games, leading the league in goals against average and save percentage. She’s allowed 10 goals in 14 games through 1,224 minutes of play.
- With depth in its attack, women's soccer continues breakout season October 27, 2014Women's soccer is in the middle of a breakthrough year, mounting a 10-win campaign so far this season with two regular season games left to play.
- Men's soccer leans on freshmen talent to turn around offense October 23, 2014While players with a decent amount of experience were at his disposal, Jones instead turned to his freshman class to jumpstart the team’s struggling offense.
- Saved by the whistle: Women's soccer escapes with 1-0 win over Richmond October 20, 2014Freed from what would have been a match-altering goal, the Colonials came away with a high-profile conference victory, defeating Richmond 1-0 at home Sunday – but not without giving themselves a scare in the process.
- Persons on par for record-setting season October 16, 2014Like the courses he’s played on the last three years, senior Jack Person’s career has had its fair share of peaks and valleys.
- In conference play, men's soccer looks to piece itself back together October 13, 2014After losing five of the last six games, the Colonials must turn the corner in conference play, and quickly, if they hope to reach the Atlantic 10 Championships. Last season, they missed the postseason by a single win.
- Volleyball's biggest hurdle in conference play: themselves October 13, 2014If Atlantic 10 volleyball had a version of the ‘72 Miami Dolphins, champagne corks would have popped somewhere Saturday night: there is no undefeated team in A-10 volleyball. They would have GW to thank.
- Knapp: An unlikely leader in the A-10 October 9, 2014Appointed at the beginning of the 2012-13 season, Knapp chairs the biannual meetings of the Atlantic 10 Council of Presidents. Knapp makes announcements for the league, and he regularly speaks one-on-one with A-10 Commissioner Bernadette McGlade.