The Colonials’ 67-50 loss at Dayton in the first round of the A-10 tournament Tuesday night wasn’t how David Pellom wanted his season to end, but the defeat solidified an accomplishment for the junior forward– setting the new single-season shooting record at GW.
Recent Posts in Courtside
After then-No. 9 Virginia’s stifling, suffocating defense proved too much on the road last Friday, the Colonials will look for a bounce-back win against a much weaker team that plays a much faster style of basketball.
After watching a halftime lead slip away against No. 9 Maryland on Saturday, GW’s game against Grambling State was never in question: The Colonials cruised to an easy victory over Grambling State, beating the Tigers 89-51.
Men’s water polo’s season ended Sunday in a 14-13 loss to Harvard to finish eighth at the Collegiate Water Polo Association Championships.
- Missing post presence hurts men's basketball against No. 9 Virginia November 25, 2014Almost all of the Colonials' deficiencies Friday night stemmed from its inferiority in the paint. Virginia dominated down low, outscoring the Colonials 42-24 from the painted area and holding both GW starting forwards to a combined five points on the night.
- Volleyball’s championship dreams dashed in A-10 finals November 24, 2014The loss rendered the team runner up at the tournament, which now awaits its fate on the bubble for the NCAA tournament after a 22-8 season that was the best for the program in over a decade.
- The missing piece in women's basketball: Protecting the ball November 24, 2014While the Colonials’ loss to No. 9 Maryland on Saturday may have spoiled the welcome-back party for forward Jonquel Jones, the team also got a taste of what it can accomplish.
- Volleyball looks to repeat history at A-10 Championship November 20, 2014After a highly successful year, the Colonials will still have to knock off top competition and look out for spoilers, who have hurt them in the past. Here’s a look at the team going into the tournament, as well as its potential path to a championship title.
- Not by design, backcourt takeover helps GW take down Rutgers November 19, 2014On a night when their opponent was missing their most commanding inside player, it was the Colonials' backcourt that drove the team to a 17-point victory.
- After recovering from third concussion, senior guard enters first season as a Colonial November 17, 2014Chase played her first minutes of regular season competition since her sophomore year Friday in GW’s season opener, a little over a week after she revealed that the “personal medical condition” listed on the roster last year had been a concussion.
- Men's basketball beats Rutgers on the road, starts season 2-0 November 17, 2014Men’s basketball earned its second consecutive victory of the season Sunday night, defeating Rutgers on the road 70-53.
- Once under the radar, perimeter play boosts women's basketball November 11, 2014In the exhibition match against Virginia Union (Division II) on Sunday, it was the Colonials' outside game that shone in their 99-45 win over the Panthers.
- Rookies showcase talent – with some rough edges – in exhibition blowout November 10, 2014GW got its first look at the five new freshman members of the men’s basketball team Saturday during a 89-47 rout of Bloomsburg (Division II) in exhibition play.
- Depth propels women's basketball to exhibition win November 10, 2014Women’s basketball shot the lights out in a 99-45 exhibition defeat of Virginia Union (Division II) at the Smith Center on Sunday.