The Colonials’ 67-50 loss at Dayton in the first round of the A-10 tournament Tuesday night wasn’t how David Pellom wanted his season to end, but the defeat solidified an accomplishment for the junior forward– setting the new single-season shooting record at GW.
Recent Posts in Courtside
Clean shaven for the first time since October, the baseball team swept its Atlantic 10 series against St. Bonaventure, winning the first two games by one run and blowing out the final game to the tune of 8-1 on Sunday.
Women’s basketball junior Jonquel Jones was nominated for the 2015 Women’s Basketball Coaches Association Division I All-America Team, the Association announced Wednesday.
The softball team suffered a double dose of losses in its Atlantic 10 opener against La Salle on Sunday, after entering conference play with eight wins in a row.
- After freshman-year injury, Kovalsky returns and hits stride March 27, 2015After going down with an injury last year, pitcher Paige Kovalsky is looking to bring consistency to the Colonials' rotation.
- Baseball splits Atlantic 10 opener at Saint Joseph's March 23, 2015The Colonials brought back a win and a loss from their conference-opening series Sunday, topping the Hawks 2-1 in the first game and falling in a fruitless game of catchup 6-0 in the second.
- A remarkable season cut short, but a goal achieved for women's basketball March 23, 2015After setting a program record for the most wins in a season and preparing all year for a shot to play on a national stage, the Colonials cruised to their first NCAA Tournament appearance since 2008. But GW’s moment in primetime was short-lived.
- Colonials flex March muscle to win ugly, overcome 34 percent shooting March 19, 2015On Tuesday evening in Pittsburgh, a normally hostile environment, GW found a way to win, topping Pitt 60-54 to advance to the second round of the National Invitation Tournament, despite coming up short in several categories.
- A-10 Preview: Baseball begins conference play ready to fulfill potential March 19, 2015As the Colonials get set to begin Atlantic 10 play on Friday, consistency and mistakes are on the mind of the young team.
- Renner's strong start and seven-run third help Colonials roast Mount Saint Mary's March 19, 2015On a windy Wednesday afternoon against Mount Saint Mary's, Renner rocked and fired from the get-go to help GW win 10-1 and move to 9-6 before beginning conference play Friday.
- Preview: Women's basketball's journey in the A-10 tournament March 5, 2015The Colonials celebrated their first regular season championship since 2008, but not for too long. There’s still plenty of basketball to be played, and that starts on Friday in the A-10 tournament.
- Baseball passes second gut check in 5-1 win over Georgetown March 5, 2015The team’s 8-3 loss against UMES on Tuesday was played so poorly on some accounts that it came into question how long the players’ beards would stay on their chins. Perhaps a rivalry game was what GW needed.
- A slow start, a winning streak and a ranking on the road to a championship March 2, 2015Following the only home loss of the season, the Colonials went on a 19-game winning streak that saw them climb into the national rankings, set records and all but ensure the fulfillment of head coach Jonathan Tsipis’ goal.
- Running with the Bull: A pitcher settles in on the mound March 2, 2015Bobby LeWarne, a 6-foot-1, 190 pound right-handed pitcher in his third year at GW, didn’t have his best stuff against Niagara on Friday afternoon.