The Colonials’ 67-50 loss at Dayton in the first round of the A-10 tournament Tuesday night wasn’t how David Pellom wanted his season to end, but the defeat solidified an accomplishment for the junior forward– setting the new single-season shooting record at GW.
Recent Posts in Courtside
The Colonials’ season ended in a 2-1 loss to Davidson Friday night in the A-10 Championship, but resiliency was not lost in GW’s last chance in the ninth inning.
The Colonials gathered 11 hits and four walks against six Richmond pitchers in a 7-2 win to survive and move on in the Atlantic 10 Championship.
The Colonials will go onto play the loser of the Thursday morning game between No. 2 Rhode Island and No. 3 Richmond, at 5 p.m.
- A trustee, shaped by lessons learned on the field, helps build GW's field of dreams May 18, 2015Ave Tucker, a longtime supporter of the GW School of Business, turned his support of GW towards the athletic department with a $1 million donation in October, in part to enhance one of the country’s best college baseball facilities.
- Preview: Baseball, with big goals, hosts A-10 tournament for first time May 18, 2015Though teams like Saint Louis may have more experience than the youth-laden Colonials, there’s a lot of parity in the tournament teams and the squad seems to buy into the belief that they have what it takes to win.
- Smith Center staple leaves behind 'G-dub' legacy May 18, 2015Ed Metz, a 30-year-old reject cheerleader turned to rooting on the sidelines, and became an institution at Smith Center.
- Top of their class: Standout athletes set to graduate May 11, 2015When the Class of 2015 graduates, several record-breaking athletes will move their careers at GW off the playing fields and into the archives.
- With large senior class, Commencement leaves lacrosse team with big shoes to fill May 11, 2015When the eight seniors on the lacrosse team flip their tassels on graduation day, they’ll leave behind a team in transition with big statistical shoes to fill.
- Graduating seniors trade cleats for classrooms May 11, 2015Seniors Madison Davis and Mackenize Jones each signed two-year contracts last December with Teach for America, a national organization that assigns recent college graduates to two-year teaching positions where they work with students often in inner-city schools.
- After trading his passport for cramped van rides, Dias closes a record-breaking career April 27, 2015While most seniors are enjoying happy hours and spring weather during their last weeks in college, Francisco Dias will be preparing for and competing in an NCAA Tournament.
- With access to outside revenue, athletic department expects continued growth April 27, 2015Athletic director Patrick Nero said that his department will continue to grow because the athletic department can do something that others can’t: Bring in outside revenue to cover the cuts and keep growing.
- Women's water polo looks to end on high note at CWPA Championship April 23, 2015When the playoffs begin Friday in Princeton, N.J., GW will have to surprise people to finish in the top half of the tournament pack.
- After challenging regular season, golf set to battle in A-10 Championship April 23, 2015After a tough 2014-15 campaign, GW golf will head to Harmony Golf Preserve in Harmony, Fla. on Friday to compete in the Atlantic 10 Championship.