His second A-10 honor in a row comes after Dias nabbed a 2-0 record in singles and doubles play over the weekend. The victories extended his winning streak at No. 1 singles to a team-high eight matches, and his victory streak with senior partner Ugur Atalay at No. 1 doubles to seven straight.
Recent Posts in Courtside
If the Colonials lost the series to VCU, it wouldn’t be the end of their hopes to win the A-10 Championship.
After 23 total innings, GW split its doubleheader against first-place VCU, dropping the series two games to one despite a thrilling final day of play.
Junior Joey Bartosic thwarted a VCU no-hitter in the ninth inning, but GW would drop its series opener against the first-place Rams 3–0 at home.
- As golf's lone freshman, Lowe shines in rookie campaign April 25, 2016GW golf's lone freshman, 18-year-old Logan Lowe, has already picked up four A-10 Rookie of the Week awards and paces the Colonials with an average score of 73.13.
- Colonials clinch road series over Dayton with 6–2 win April 25, 2016After dropping game two in a pitchers duel, juniors Joey Bartosic and Eric Ramsey led the Colonials to a 6–2 win in Sunday's rubber match.
- New women's basketball coach to build on program success April 18, 2016After 17 years at the helm in Hartford, Jennifer Rizzotti will take the lead as the new head coach of the GW women’s basketball program.
- Drafted sixth overall, Jones ready for WNBA April 18, 2016On Thursday, Jonquel Jones was selected sixth overall in the 2016 WNBA draft by the Los Angeles Spark and soon after was traded to the Connecticut Sun.
- Men's tennis captures A-10 title for third straight year April 18, 2016After VCU battled back to tie the match at 3-3, senior Cahit Kapukiran clinched GW's third straight Atlantic 10 title Sunday with a commanding third set victory.
- WNBA draft preview: Jones projected as first-round lock April 14, 2016The WNBA hosts its annual prospect draft this Thursday and senior forward Jonquel Jones is projected to be a lock as a first round selection.
- Softball gains new life from hot A-10 start April 11, 2016After beginning the season 12-14 in non-conference play, GW won five of its first six to open Atlantic 10 play.
- Robins' anti-trafficking work helps GW in service challenge April 10, 2016Lana Robins volunteers as an intern with the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Virginia in the office’s Anti-Trafficking office.
- First swimming and diving All-American finds motivation in GW team April 7, 2016At the NCAA Championship last month, junior swimmer Andrea Bolognesi became the first All-American in men’s swimming and diving program history.
- Alumnus publishes novel featuring GW basketball team April 7, 2016There are more than a few parallels to GW’s recent championship in the National Invitation Tournament in The Blue Team, a new book from alumnus Peter Young.