His second A-10 honor in a row comes after Dias nabbed a 2-0 record in singles and doubles play over the weekend. The victories extended his winning streak at No. 1 singles to a team-high eight matches, and his victory streak with senior partner Ugur Atalay at No. 1 doubles to seven straight.
Recent Posts in Courtside
Former men’s basketball forward Patricio Garino has reached a deal with the San Antonio Spurs, the team announced Friday.
Men’s basketball head coach Mike Lonergan posted a statement to his Facebook page Friday amid an “verbal and emotional abuse,” allegations reported by the Washington Post.
Several former players came out in defense of Mike Lonergan on Twitter Wednesday after the Washington Post reported damning allegations against the fifth-year men’s basketball head coach.
- Class of 2020 athletes to watch June 6, 2016As a new class of freshmen descends on Foggy Bottom this summer, so does the next generation of GW athletes. Here are four Class of 2020 prospects who look poised to make an impact in their upcoming rookie campaigns.
- Q&A: Rizzotti talks season expectations, A-10 rivals June 6, 2016We sat down with coach Rizzotti to talk about expectations for the upcoming year, offseason activity and competition throughout the conference.
- Colonials' softball playoff run cut short May 16, 2016Both Massachusetts and Saint Louis were able to get the better of GW (10-13 A-10) in the Colonials’ first postseason appearance since 2013 and fourth in program history.
- Versatile senior class reflects program growth, culture shift May 16, 2016Baseball's senior class played a key role in transforming GW into a postseason contender during head coach Gregg Ritchie's four years leading the program.
- A-10 Championship preview: Softball returns to the postseason May 9, 2016In search of its first-ever Atlantic 10 title, GW softball returns to the postseason this week after a three-year playoff drought.
- Former Yankee keeps strong ties with GW baseball coach, players May 9, 2016Last weekend in the Bronx, John Flaherty was busy with work on the Yankees-Sox series when his current career collided with his former one on GW baseball.
- As golf's lone freshman, Lowe shines in rookie campaign April 25, 2016GW golf's lone freshman, 18-year-old Logan Lowe, has already picked up four A-10 Rookie of the Week awards and paces the Colonials with an average score of 73.13.
- Colonials clinch road series over Dayton with 6–2 win April 25, 2016After dropping game two in a pitchers duel, juniors Joey Bartosic and Eric Ramsey led the Colonials to a 6–2 win in Sunday's rubber match.
- New women's basketball coach to build on program success April 18, 2016After 17 years at the helm in Hartford, Jennifer Rizzotti will take the lead as the new head coach of the GW women’s basketball program.
- Drafted sixth overall, Jones ready for WNBA April 18, 2016On Thursday, Jonquel Jones was selected sixth overall in the 2016 WNBA draft by the Los Angeles Spark and soon after was traded to the Connecticut Sun.