Courtside

Your Guide to GW sports

Friday, May 11, 2012 5:33 p.m.

Nero tweets men’s basketball schedule updates

Director of Athletics Patrick Nero

Athletic director Patrick Nero, seen here at a press conference last year, tweeted information about the upcoming men's basketball season Friday. Hatchet File Photo

Athletic director Patrick Nero took to Twitter today to release information about the upcoming men’s basketball non conference schedule, including three high-profile opponents who will travel to Foggy Bottom over the next two years.

Kansas State, who the Colonials faced this year, Rutgers and Georgia are all on the books to compete in the Smith Center over the next two seasons, Nero tweeted.

Rutgers and Georgia are likely both home-and-home contracts, as Nero added in a later tweet that GW would head to both programs in the upcoming season. Notre Dame, Bradley, VCU, Boston University and JMU are all also non-conference road games for the Colonials next year, Nero added.

Toward the top of his priority list when constructing a schedule, the athletic director told a follower, are “high-level games and games in cities with a large @GWAlumni base.”

• Senoir

schedule looks good!

But aside from Boston,I don’t think Peoria Illinois, South Bend Indiana,Richmond VA Manhattan Kansas, Athens GA or Harrisonburg VA are locations that you would find large GW alumni bases.