Recent Posts in Courtside
A recruiting class of 22 runners will join the cross country and track program this fall.
The Colonials added Clemson transfer Fernando Sala to their 2015-16 roster Wednesday.
Two of last year’s Final Four teams, including national champion Virginia, await men’s soccer fall as part of an 18-match 2015 regular season schedule announced Tuesday by head coach Craig Jones.
- The Closer: Muhl finds his place at the back of the pen June 9, 2015They were the Bullpen Bash Brothers. But unlike the bash bros in The Mighty Ducks, this duo never suffered from fiery tempers.
- Q&A: Lonergan talks offseason workouts, big games and the transfer wire June 9, 2015Hatchet Sports caught up with men's basketball head coach Mike Lonergan in his office to talk about the news from the team this summer, and what to expect in the fall.
- A trustee, shaped by lessons learned on the field, helps build GW's field of dreams May 18, 2015Ave Tucker, a longtime supporter of the GW School of Business, turned his support of GW towards the athletic department with a $1 million donation in October, in part to enhance one of the country’s best college baseball facilities.
- Preview: Baseball, with big goals, hosts A-10 tournament for first time May 18, 2015Though teams like Saint Louis may have more experience than the youth-laden Colonials, there’s a lot of parity in the tournament teams and the squad seems to buy into the belief that they have what it takes to win.
- Smith Center staple leaves behind 'G-dub' legacy May 18, 2015Ed Metz, a 30-year-old reject cheerleader turned to rooting on the sidelines, and became an institution at Smith Center.
- Top of their class: Standout athletes set to graduate May 11, 2015When the Class of 2015 graduates, several record-breaking athletes will move their careers at GW off the playing fields and into the archives.
- With large senior class, Commencement leaves lacrosse team with big shoes to fill May 11, 2015When the eight seniors on the lacrosse team flip their tassels on graduation day, they’ll leave behind a team in transition with big statistical shoes to fill.
- Graduating seniors trade cleats for classrooms May 11, 2015Seniors Madison Davis and Mackenize Jones each signed two-year contracts last December with Teach for America, a national organization that assigns recent college graduates to two-year teaching positions where they work with students often in inner-city schools.
- After trading his passport for cramped van rides, Dias closes a record-breaking career April 27, 2015While most seniors are enjoying happy hours and spring weather during their last weeks in college, Francisco Dias will be preparing for and competing in an NCAA Tournament.
- With access to outside revenue, athletic department expects continued growth April 27, 2015Athletic director Patrick Nero said that his department will continue to grow because the athletic department can do something that others can’t: Bring in outside revenue to cover the cuts and keep growing.