Recent Posts in Courtside
After surrendering a 14-point first-half lead to Saint Joseph’s, the men’s basketball team surged late and made clutch shots down the stretch to defeat the Hawks 76-71.
WHO: GW vs. Saint Joseph’s WHEN: Wednesday, March 5 @ 9 p.m. WHERE: Smith Center Case for Saint Joseph’s: With teams like VCU, Massachusetts and Saint Louis surrounding them in the standings, Saint Joseph’s has found itself sort of forgotten in the shuffle. But the Hawks are still the second ranked team in the Atlantic […]
- Senior day performances put exclamation point on women's basketball turnaround March 3, 2014The team is now set for a top-four seed going into this week’s A-10 tournament, and is on the bubble for its first NCAA Tournament since 2008.
- Colonials make Lonergan's daring coaching decisions look bold March 3, 2014Lonergan's bold decisions haven’t always paid off – and when they don't, the third-year head coach seems less courageous and more foolish. But this season, Lonergan has shown his confidence in making daring sideline decisions.
- Women's basketball faces tougher road to A-10 banner February 27, 2014Media Credit: Hatchet File Photo by Alexandra KruseHead coach Jonathan Tsipis huddles with his team last week. He will need the Colonials to knock off nationally ranked Dayton on Saturday to clinch a No. 4 seed in the Atlantic 10 tournament.
- Despite loss to Saint Louis, Colonials should keep dancing shoes close February 24, 2014Yes, a win over the Billikens would have almost certainly locked up a March Madness slot for the Colonials, but that doesn’t mean they should put away their dancing shoes just yet.
- Broken school records highlight A-10 swimming championships February 24, 2014Against unprecedented competition, GW struggled. However, certain individuals shone and earned individual recognition throughout the weekend.
- Women's squash wins first ever Kurtz Cup February 23, 2014After upsetting No. 10 Brown in the semifinals, GW rallied from a 4-2 hole against Columbia in the championship match to grab the slim 5-4 victory. The two victories also boosted the Colonials national ranking from No. 11 to No. 9 – it’s highest end-of-season ranking in program history.
- Ben Krimmel: Trip to Richmond provides a spark for men's basketball February 20, 2014The trip to Richmond – a two-hour drive down I-95 – provided an opportunity for an about-face.
- From community college to A-10 Championships, first-year Colonial looks for top finish February 20, 2014After two years competing in community college, he’s relishing the moment that now awaits him at the Division 1 level.
- Men's tennis comes up inches short at indoor championships February 18, 2014The Colonials arrived at the 2014 ECAC Division I Men’s Tennis Indoor Championship Friday afternoon, with fresh hopes that last weekend’s win against St. John’s would ignite their season's lackluster start.
- Softball remains winless February 18, 2014The team lost twice to both Northwestern and host No. 21 LSU, as well as Penn State, bringing their overall record to 0-10.