Recent Posts in Courtside
It took 102 scoreless minutes of play, but senior midfielder Eddie Painter finally lifted men’s soccer to victory with a double-overtime golden goal at Saint Joseph’s Wednesday night.
Darnell Rogers, son of George Washington Hall of Fame guard and 1999 Atlantic 10 Player of the Year Shawnta Rogers, has committed to play for the Colonials.
Cross country’s Ryan Tucker and Macaulay Porter both took home conference honors, the Atlantic 10 announced Tuesday.
- Q&A: GW Hall of Famer and International Tennis Federation president October 8, 2015David Haggerty, a recent chairman of the United States Tennis Association and former GW tennis star from 1975-79, was elected President of the International Tennis Federation in an election in Santiago, Chile at the end of last month.
- Like 'a football player running track': Life as a dual-sport athlete at GW October 8, 2015Austin Pyrch is the only athlete at GW that competes in both water polo and swimming.
- Behind unwavering defense, Colonials rolling October 5, 2015Multiple roster tweaks to GW’s backline created uncertainty for a team that finished with an Atlantic-10 best 0.82 goals against average just a season ago.
- Sidelined for her senior season, Brooke Bean looks for new ways to lead October 5, 2015Sidelined during a senior season for the second time in her soccer career, women's soccer's Brooke Bean is trying to keep her mind on the field and with the squad in every way she can.
- Atlantic 10 preview: Men's soccer looks to peak in conference play October 1, 2015Heading into league play Saturday at Davidson, men's soccer needs to focus to make sure its season does not sink.
- Racing in the District, cross country gets a taste of what could come October 1, 2015The Colonials hosted their first home cross country meet since 2005 last Saturday, meeting a longstanding goal for the team.
- The kids are alright: men's water polo and the promise of youth September 28, 2015Through 11 games, freshmen and sophomores account for 98 of the GW men's water polo team’s 104 goals.
- Atlantic 10 preview: women's soccer sets sights on NCAA berth September 28, 2015The Colonials, who now sit at fifth in the Atlantic 10 at 5-4-0, will welcome a strong Saint Joseph’s (6-3-0) side to Mount Vernon for what is sure to be an intense matchup. Although the Hawks have collected more points in non-conference play, they will find it tough to best a GW side that hasn’t conceded a goal in three games.
- Atlantic 10 preview: volleyball begins league play among 'the hunted' September 24, 2015Volleyball begins conference play Friday at home against George Mason, setting off an Atlantic 10 season that will culminate in the league’s championship tournament in Foggy Bottom.
- The swiss-army setter: Jordan Timmer's blocking epiphany September 21, 2015This season, setter Jordan Timmer has brought some surprises to the Colonials’ front line of defense after what she called a “blocking epiphany” at the Michigan Invitational at the beginning of the season.