Recent Posts in Courtside
Men’s basketball has been picked to finish eighth in the 2016-2017 Atlantic 10 Preseason Poll, the league announced Tuesday.
Women’s soccer defeated Richmond 2–1 on Sunday afternoon behind goals from MacKenzie Cowley and Dani Frese.
Men’s soccer defended its home turf Saturday afternoon in a definitive 3-0 win against Saint Joseph’s, the largest margin of victory for the team this season.
- Men's soccer aims to sustain offensive momentum through season's end October 17, 2016After opening A-10 play with a three-game slump, men's soccer's offense has found a second wind down the stretch.
- Sidelined swimmer creates career mentoring program for student athletes October 10, 2016Senior swimmer Carly Whitmer has established a career services mentoring program for other student-athletes to help them pursue their professional goals.
- Freshmen shine in women's swimming and diving home opener October 10, 2016Making a splash in this season’s home opener, women’s swimming and diving built on its strong season start with a decisive win in Saturday’s meet.
- Höfs fuels men's soccer's league-leading defense October 3, 2016Thor Arne Höfs is not a Marvel hero, but his abilities minding the net for men’s soccer this season have been nothing short of super.
- Women's soccer expects to right the ship in A-10 play October 3, 2016Women's soccer picked up its first win in over three weeks Sunday afternoon against St. Bonaventure, looking to regain its dominance in A-10 play.
- Volleyball's Iott embraces breakout freshman campaign September 29, 2016Freshman Skylar Iott has proved dominant on the court, taking on a big role for the Colonials since the preseason.
- No. 16 men's water polo goes 2–1 in league play opening September 26, 2016Men's water polo duo Atakan Destici and Bogdan Petkovic combined for 26 goals this weekend, en route to GW's 2-1 start to league play.
- DiBiasio leads women's cross country by example September 22, 2016Leading by example, junior Miranda DiBiasio hopes she can help women's cross country reach its ambitious goals this fall.
- Volleyball lacks consistency, focus in weekend tournament September 19, 2016Volleyball struggled to stay consistent over the weekend. The Colonials dropped all three of their games in the GW Invitational.
- Lonergan dismissal leaves questions unanswered September 19, 2016Mike Lonergan was officially dismissed as head coach of the men’s basketball program Saturday after a probe into verbal and emotional abuse allegations concluded he had “engaged in conduct inconsistent with the university’s values.”