Recent Posts in Courtside
After a tough loss to No. 15 Stanford, the Colonials concluded their two-game road stint in the Golden State with a win over Fresno State Monday in a low-scoring battle, 61-53.
For the second time in head coach Mike Lonergan’s tenure, the Colonials have started the season 5-0 after a 94-65 drubbing of Gardner-Webb Tuesday morning.
The men’s basketball team received 85 votes, second-most of any team outside the top-25, in Monday’s Associated Press poll.
- After summer of 'nonstop basketball,' Jorgensen showing development November 23, 2015Though he’s retained his freshman flair, sophomore guard Paul Jorgensen looks like he has made a leap in the beginning of his second season.
- Preview: Men's basketball vs. Gardner-Webb November 23, 2015After taking down Army 92-81 Sunday night, GW will wrap up its Barclays Center Classic homestand against NCAA Division I’s other GWU-- Gardner-Webb.
- A-10 Tournament preview: Volleyball must peak late to win it all November 19, 2015Friday afternoon, when volleyball takes on No. 5 VCU as a No. 4 seed at 5 p.m. in the quarterfinals of the Atlantic 10 tournament, the team will have the ideal chance to make a run at the championship, hosting the event on their home floor.
- Three keys to GW's upset over No. 6 Virginia November 19, 2015Here's a closer look at some of the key statistics that propelled the program to one of its biggest wins in 20 years.
- Club field hockey vies for varsity status November 16, 2015Over the last few years club field hockey has gone from a team struggling due to high attrition rates to one with about 40 members, too many to use in a game. Now, a few members are trying to make sure that they get the nod next time GW decides to add a varsity program, even though they likely would never get to play for it.
- Curry makes impact as a men's soccer walk-on November 16, 2015Sophomore Oliver Curry collected six points on two goals and two assists throughout the season, not the first time he’s overcome long odds.
- Big production by veterans, help from bench sets tone for offensive success November 14, 2015Heading into the men’s basketball 2015-2016 campaign, it’s clear that the team’s success will hinge upon two main components: the performance of its veterans and its bench’s ability to put up points.
- Osei-Wusu brings experience on the Ghanian national team to men's soccer November 12, 2015Midfielder Koby Osei-Wusu traveled to Ghana to give the U-20 team a shot last year, staying there from the last week of December until January 19.
- A-10 Championship preview: Men's soccer could continue its dramatic regular season run November 9, 2015After three years of coming up short, the Colonials are finally headed back to the Atlantic 10 Championships Thursday for the first time during head coach Craig Jones’ tenure.
- Exhibit A: What we learned watching men's basketball against Gannon November 9, 2015Here are five takeaways from the Colonials’ 92-47 win over Gannon Saturday in exhibition play.