Recent Posts in Courtside
After a strong showing at the Gulf Coast Showcase last week, the Colonials return to the Smith Center Friday for their first Atlantic 10 conference game of the season.
Without its second-leading scorer, men’s basketball came away with a 77–74 victory at Harvard Tuesday night to snap a three-game skid.
After handling Florida Gulf Coast on Saturday, the Colonials defeated a tougher Western Kentucky team, 68–49 on Sunday afternoon.
- Trusting the process, women's basketball sees improvement at Gulf Coast Showcase December 1, 2016The Colonials have won five of their last six games and now sit at 5-2 – the second-best overall record in the Atlantic 10.
- Squash programs eager to prove themselves among nation's best November 21, 2016No. 11 men's squash and No. 13 women's squash look to prove their dominance in 2016-2017 as two of the top programs in the nation.
- Offensive efficiency, bench depth key thus far for women's basketball November 21, 2016After more than a week of play and three straight wins, here are a few things to look for as the season progresses.
- Observations from men's basketball's debut victory November 14, 2016Men’s basketball opened its season on Friday with a 75-71 win. While it's still too early to make any definitive predictions about the year, here are a few takeaways from GW's debut victory Friday.
- Rizzotti brings Rio coaching experience to Foggy Bottom November 7, 2016in August, Rizzotti helped the women’s national team knocked off Spain for a victory in the gold medal game for their sixth consecutive Olympic gold medal.
- Spirited Colonial Army president embarks on final year leading student fans November 7, 2016Kate Bell has become one of the most recognizable faces of GW Athletics, but she doesn’t play for any team. To know her is to know the heart and soul of GW school spirit.
- Changing the pace: Rizzotti shakes up offensive strategies November 7, 2016Under head coach Jennifer Rizzotti, GW's offense will look a lot different than it has in years past.
- Pair of transfers ready to make mark as Colonials November 7, 2016Redshirt junior guard Jaren Sina and graduate student guard Patrick Steeves join men's basketball as highly touted transfers eligible to play this season.
- Japan's hoops hero: Watanabe primed for breakout junior season November 7, 2016Already a celebrity in Japan, teammates and coaches anticipate a breakout junior season for 22-year-old Yuta Watanabe – a.k.a the Chosen One – this fall.
- Star forward Cavanaugh hopes to go dancing in final season November 7, 2016Now in his fourth year of eligibility, graduate student Tyler Cavanaugh has one last chance to lead his team to the NCAA tournament.