Recent Posts in Courtside
Redshirt freshman goalkeeper Miranda Horn earned her second Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Week award of the season on Monday after two clean sheets over the weekend.
GW dropped the match in one of the team’s worst statistical performances of the season.
Men’s soccer came within inches of defeating conference foe Saint Joseph’s on Sunday, but had to settle for a 1-1 tie after a hard fought 110 minutes of play.
- Saved by the whistle: Women's soccer escapes with 1-0 win over Richmond October 20, 2014Freed from what would have been a match-altering goal, the Colonials came away with a high-profile conference victory, defeating Richmond 1-0 at home Sunday – but not without giving themselves a scare in the process.
- Persons on par for record-setting season October 16, 2014Like the courses he’s played on the last three years, senior Jack Person’s career has had its fair share of peaks and valleys.
- In conference play, men's soccer looks to piece itself back together October 13, 2014After losing five of the last six games, the Colonials must turn the corner in conference play, and quickly, if they hope to reach the Atlantic 10 Championships. Last season, they missed the postseason by a single win.
- Volleyball's biggest hurdle in conference play: themselves October 13, 2014If Atlantic 10 volleyball had a version of the ‘72 Miami Dolphins, champagne corks would have popped somewhere Saturday night: there is no undefeated team in A-10 volleyball. They would have GW to thank.
- Knapp: An unlikely leader in the A-10 October 9, 2014Appointed at the beginning of the 2012-13 season, Knapp chairs the biannual meetings of the Atlantic 10 Council of Presidents. Knapp makes announcements for the league, and he regularly speaks one-on-one with A-10 Commissioner Bernadette McGlade.
- Men's water polo turns to defensive basics to end losing streak October 6, 2014Last fall, men's water polo took a turn for the worse when it embarked on an annual California road trip. This year, the Colonials left for the trip hoping to turn their season around.
- Middle blocker proves to be 'unstoppable' force for volleyball October 6, 2014Chidima Osuchukwu steered the Colonials to their sixth win in seven games Friday, improving to 12-4 overall with a 3-1 defeat of George Mason. She had a career-high 19 kills in the game, which improved GW's Atlantic 10 record to 3-0 for the first time since 2003.
- Diving program to make debut Friday after four-year hiatus October 2, 2014For the first time in four years, the men’s and women’s swimming program will compete with a diving program.
- With strong start, women's soccer readies for conference play October 2, 2014After posting the best season start in program history (5-0), women’s soccer has the second-best record in the Atlantic 10 at 7-2 and is a worthy contender entering conference play.
- Forward emerges as offensive catalyst for women's soccer September 29, 2014Through the first nine games of the season, sophomore forward MacKenzie Cowley has paced the women’s soccer team in scoring and already surpassed her goal total from her freshman season.