Courtside

Your Guide to GW sports

Saturday, June 29, 2013 6:15 p.m.

Tony Taylor to get shot with the Knicks?

Former Colonial point guard Tony Taylor may get his chance to play in the NBA with the New York Knicks.

Tony Taylor, win, Dayton

Then-junior guard Tony Taylor celebrates with his teammates after a win. Hopefully he will have something else to cheer about soon as he looks to reach the NBA. | Hatchet File Photo

As reported by ESPNNewYork.com, eight players, including New York’s recent 2013 draft pick Tim Hardaway Jr., are set to suit up for the Knicks’ summer league team, with Taylor being one of the players who “could receive an invite.”

Taylor competed for the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Developmental League team last season, averaging 7.0 points and 3.2 assists per game, after being scouted by the Knicks and several other NBA teams.

If Taylor does indeed get an invite, he will face stiff competition from former Wichita State point guard Toure Murry, who has already been invited to compete. Murry averaged 9.0 points, 3.0 assists and 1.8 steals in the D-League last season.

There, Taylor would also meet up with N.C. State’s C.J. Leslie, Farmingdale State’s A.J. Matthews and Alabama’s Tony Mitchell, as well as current pros Jerome Jordan, Chris Smith and Iman Shumpert.

Do you think Taylor has a shot in the NBA with the Knicks? Tell us in the comments.

• Knowledge

The article is wrong. He is playing with Miami and OKC in the summer leagues

• Class of 2012

Good for Tony. I’d love to see him become a role player in the NBA. He plays with a Derrick Rose mentality, which could be beneficial off the bench.

Keep working at it!

• Class of 2012

Here is an update to your article: http://www.nba.com/heat/heat-announce-summer-league-information

Taylor’s name is at the bottom… This article should be amended with the new information…