Recent Posts in Courtside
The Colonials stay on the road for a Sunday afternoon clash with the Richmond Spiders after having their 14-game win streak snapped at Fordham on Wednesday night.
GW got a 72-69 win in Richmond Saturday afternoon, the first win allowed by VCU in 12 games, including all of Atlantic 10 play.
- Lonergan to team: 'Look in the mirror and seize this opportunity' February 3, 2016The Colonials have gone 2-2 in their last four games and all four have been close, and head coach Mike Lonergan is looking for sharper focus.
- Loss to Richmond exposes growing defensive deficiencies February 1, 2016Midway through league play, GW’s once-tenacious three-point defense seems to have lost some of its luster.
- Thinking long-term, tennis' Diana Kussainova begins spring season among nation's best February 1, 2016Tied with 10 others at No. 114, Diana Kussainova is the first women’s tennis player to be ranked since 1993.
- Prange, Washington step up in Jones’ absence January 28, 2016An injury to Jones is GW’s nightmare scenario yet, somehow, it’s one the team is built to withstand.
- Defense earns Cummings bigger role with women's basketball January 24, 2016Sophomore guard Brianna Cummings single-handedly took over a game at Illinois by scoring 14 second-half points.
- McDonald's return cues team effort for men's basketball January 24, 2016Most important. Glue guy. Call Joe McDonald whatever you'd like. Look no further than GW’s win over Rhode Island Friday for the evidence.
- High-pace Chase: How Lauren Chase defines women's basketball's speed January 21, 2016You may not know it, but Lauren Chase is the leader of the team and the heartbeat for the Colonials on both sides of the court because of the pace she allows the team to play at.
- Men's basketball looking for more guard production January 19, 2016In Friday's loss to Dayton, Joe McDonald's absence exposed GW's lack of production from the guard spots.
- Free throw shooting proving crucial for Colonials January 19, 2016One statistic in particular has quietly influenced almost every men's basketball decision this season: free throw shooting.
- A-10 Roundup: Women's basketball January 14, 2016GW women's basketball looks like the threat everyone expected it to be, so let’s take a look at some of the other teams hoping to unseat the Colonials as Atlantic 10 Champions.