Recent Posts in Courtside
Cross country’s Ryan Tucker and Macaulay Porter both took home conference honors, the Atlantic 10 announced Tuesday.
Fresh off his first career multi-goal performance last Saturday, sophomore forward Christian Lawal earned Atlantic 10 Player of the Week honors, the league announced Monday.
Volleyball showed off its strengths this weekend against VCU and Davidson to start the conference season 3-0.
- Behind unwavering defense, Colonials rolling October 5, 2015Multiple roster tweaks to GW’s backline created uncertainty for a team that finished with an Atlantic-10 best 0.82 goals against average just a season ago.
- Sidelined for her senior season, Brooke Bean looks for new ways to lead October 5, 2015Sidelined during a senior season for the second time in her soccer career, women's soccer's Brooke Bean is trying to keep her mind on the field and with the squad in every way she can.
- Atlantic 10 preview: Men's soccer looks to peak in conference play October 1, 2015Heading into league play Saturday at Davidson, men's soccer needs to focus to make sure its season does not sink.
- Racing in the District, cross country gets a taste of what could come October 1, 2015The Colonials hosted their first home cross country meet since 2005 last Saturday, meeting a longstanding goal for the team.
- The kids are alright: men's water polo and the promise of youth September 28, 2015Through 11 games, freshmen and sophomores account for 98 of the GW men's water polo team’s 104 goals.
- Atlantic 10 preview: women's soccer sets sights on NCAA berth September 28, 2015The Colonials, who now sit at fifth in the Atlantic 10 at 5-4-0, will welcome a strong Saint Joseph’s (6-3-0) side to Mount Vernon for what is sure to be an intense matchup. Although the Hawks have collected more points in non-conference play, they will find it tough to best a GW side that hasn’t conceded a goal in three games.
- Atlantic 10 preview: volleyball begins league play among 'the hunted' September 24, 2015Volleyball begins conference play Friday at home against George Mason, setting off an Atlantic 10 season that will culminate in the league’s championship tournament in Foggy Bottom.
- The swiss-army setter: Jordan Timmer's blocking epiphany September 21, 2015This season, setter Jordan Timmer has brought some surprises to the Colonials’ front line of defense after what she called a “blocking epiphany” at the Michigan Invitational at the beginning of the season.
- Despite rocky start, men's soccer remains confident September 21, 2015Through its first five games, GW was outscored 11-4, outshot 70-42 and recorded just a single win, but head coach Craig Jones and his team have taken the disappointing start with a grain of salt.
- Women's soccer gains momentum after tough early schedule September 21, 2015After a slight reprieve from a slate of tough non-conference games, the women's soccer team is hoping to open league play with some momentum.