Recent Posts in Courtside
Men’s water polo’s season ended Sunday in a 14-13 loss to Harvard to finish eighth at the Collegiate Water Polo Association Championships.
The Colonials still made a game of it against a squad fresh off a Final Four run. But after shooting a remarkable 50 percent from the field in the first half, women’s basketball could not keep up with No. 9 Maryland as the Terps dictated the tempo and dealt the Colonials a 75-65 loss Saturday.
GW gave the No. 9-ranked Cavaliers a scare at halftime, but as the grind-it-out game went on, the Colonials could not find the basket, taking their first loss of the season 59-42 on the road Friday night.
- Volleyball looks to repeat history at A-10 Championship November 20, 2014After a highly successful year, the Colonials will still have to knock off top competition and look out for spoilers, who have hurt them in the past. Here’s a look at the team going into the tournament, as well as its potential path to a championship title.
- Not by design, backcourt takeover helps GW take down Rutgers November 19, 2014On a night when their opponent was missing their most commanding inside player, it was the Colonials' backcourt that drove the team to a 17-point victory.
- After recovering from third concussion, senior guard enters first season as a Colonial November 17, 2014Chase played her first minutes of regular season competition since her sophomore year Friday in GW’s season opener, a little over a week after she revealed that the “personal medical condition” listed on the roster last year had been a concussion.
- Men's basketball beats Rutgers on the road, starts season 2-0 November 17, 2014Men’s basketball earned its second consecutive victory of the season Sunday night, defeating Rutgers on the road 70-53.
- Once under the radar, perimeter play boosts women's basketball November 11, 2014In the exhibition match against Virginia Union (Division II) on Sunday, it was the Colonials' outside game that shone in their 99-45 win over the Panthers.
- Rookies showcase talent – with some rough edges – in exhibition blowout November 10, 2014GW got its first look at the five new freshman members of the men’s basketball team Saturday during a 89-47 rout of Bloomsburg (Division II) in exhibition play.
- Depth propels women's basketball to exhibition win November 10, 2014Women’s basketball shot the lights out in a 99-45 exhibition defeat of Virginia Union (Division II) at the Smith Center on Sunday.
- Volleyball bests VCU in five-set grudge match November 8, 2014On Friday night with a home crowd, GW pushed VCU to five sets and came up with not just a win, but revenge.
- Water polo looks to end on high note in postseason November 6, 2014After six grueling weeks of conference play, the Southern Division Championship may actually give the Colonials a chance to get back on their feet from a 1-7 conference season.
- Women's basketball brings in high-profile crop of new players November 3, 2014Tsipis said with the addition of the five freshmen, he now boasts the deepest team that he has had since joining the program in 2012.