Recent Posts in Courtside
GW’s 62-47 win over the Richmond Spiders on Sunday afternoon showcased the depth of the front court.
The Colonials stay on the road for a Sunday afternoon clash with the Richmond Spiders after having their 14-game win streak snapped at Fordham on Wednesday night.
- At the Armory, track runs into history February 8, 2016When GW came to New York this weekend, they came to New York for the first time.
- How GW's backcourt helped halt the (slightly different) Havoc February 8, 2016VCU didn’t press as aggressively as they have in the past and the Colonials’ ball-handlers were better prepared to withstand the pressure in a 72-69 win.
- Lonergan to team: 'Look in the mirror and seize this opportunity' February 3, 2016The Colonials have gone 2-2 in their last four games and all four have been close, and head coach Mike Lonergan is looking for sharper focus.
- Loss to Richmond exposes growing defensive deficiencies February 1, 2016Midway through league play, GW’s once-tenacious three-point defense seems to have lost some of its luster.
- Thinking long-term, tennis' Diana Kussainova begins spring season among nation's best February 1, 2016Tied with 10 others at No. 114, Diana Kussainova is the first women’s tennis player to be ranked since 1993.
- Prange, Washington step up in Jones’ absence January 28, 2016An injury to Jones is GW’s nightmare scenario yet, somehow, it’s one the team is built to withstand.
- Defense earns Cummings bigger role with women's basketball January 24, 2016Sophomore guard Brianna Cummings single-handedly took over a game at Illinois by scoring 14 second-half points.
- McDonald's return cues team effort for men's basketball January 24, 2016Most important. Glue guy. Call Joe McDonald whatever you'd like. Look no further than GW’s win over Rhode Island Friday for the evidence.
- High-pace Chase: How Lauren Chase defines women's basketball's speed January 21, 2016You may not know it, but Lauren Chase is the leader of the team and the heartbeat for the Colonials on both sides of the court because of the pace she allows the team to play at.
- Men's basketball looking for more guard production January 19, 2016In Friday's loss to Dayton, Joe McDonald's absence exposed GW's lack of production from the guard spots.