Recent Posts in Courtside
Visiting Towson has earned the unexpected victory, sending the now-.500 Colonials (4-4) to the locker room with their first home loss since last January.
This post was written by Hatchet reporter Ellee Watson. The women’s squash team’s No. 12 national ranking – tying its highest in program history – is now at risk after three consecutive losses, the latest coming at home Saturday against Princeton. The Colonials failed to win a match, losing to the Tigers 9-0. The defeat […]
- With athletic department watching closely, teams find academic success December 5, 2013The third-year athletic director has brought with him a philosophy that student-athletes' top priority, just like other undergraduates, should be academics. He enforced a mandatory class attendance policy and began requiring eight hours of study halls each week. […]
- The men's basketball team is off to its best start in seven years. What's gone right? December 5, 2013The Colonials are off to their best start since 2005 and things don't appear to be slowing down. After defeating Rutgers, 93-87, on Wednesday night, the Colonials stand at 7-1 for the season. […]
- Colonials find different ways to take down Rutgers December 5, 2013Five Colonials scored in double figures against Rutgers on Wednesday, making the difference in a solid 93-87 win that brought GW's record to 7-1.
- GW grabs national spotlight with upset over No. 20 Creighton December 2, 2013It was the biggest win for GW basketball in almost a decade – its first win over a ranked opponent since 2005. The 60-53 upset should inject even more confidence into the 6-1, well-balanced Colonials.
- From behind the arc and on the boards, No. 25 Marquette stifles GW November 30, 2013Marquette buried GW with three-point baskets Friday, silencing a Colonials team that could not claw back from an early deficit in the semifinals of the Wooden Legacy tournament.
- Men's basketball feasts on Miami, moves to 5-0 November 28, 2013With his team down 59-57 and the shot clock down to four, McDonald sent the Wooden Legacy first-round game to overtime with a soft running lay up off the glass.
- Big names, big opportunities at men's basketball tournament November 27, 2013Media Credit: Photo by Flickr user Marquette UniversityMarquette's cheerleaders rally Golden Eagles fans last season. GW will likely face Marquette if the Colonials win their first round game.
- Women's swimming breaks four school records at Patriot Invitational November 25, 2013Both teams showed noticeable improvement at the Patriot Invitational, having had a short break since their last meet against Towson two weeks ago. The program will trek to Puerto Rico for its annual winter break trip, undergoing some intensive training as the swimmers look towards Atlantic 10 Championships in February.
- Women's volleyball's Cinderella season strikes midnight November 25, 2013You could see the curtains slowly start to close on the women’s volleyball team’s season midway through the third set of their semifinal match against VCU Saturday.
- A-10 Tournament Preview: Trophy up for grabs between trio of women's volleyball squads November 21, 2013For the first time in four years, there is no clear favorite to run away with the Atlantic 10 championship crown for women’s volleyball.