Recent Posts in Courtside
With a first and second round bye, the Colonials will compete in the quarterfinals of the A-10 tournament in Richmond on Friday. GW will face the winner of the Nos. 8 and 9 seed game at 11 a.m.
“Last game we switched everything, this game we switched nothing,” Lonergan said. “It’s hard because they have four guys on the court, sometimes five, who can shoot. You really have to be focused on defense sometimes on five guys on the court so it’s a tough matchup.”
The Colonials make their first trip down to Wildcat country to take on Davidson as an Atlantic 10 rival Saturday, under different circumstances than they might have imaged at the beginning of the season.
- On the road with GW's only hockey team February 26, 2015Over the course of the day, serious commitment and competition balanced the haphazard planning and goofy squad.
- After quiet freshman year, Cranshaw proves herself in starting lineup February 23, 2015Playing basketball at GW isn’t the first time Shannon Cranshaw has found her place with a tight-knit group.
- Savage alone not enough to improve GW's bench production February 23, 2015In a 56-48 loss at Richmond on Saturday, the Colonials' reserves outscored Richmond’s 20-17, behind 18 points from Kethan Savage, the first time in 11 games that GW’s bench outscored an opponent.
- College basketball, like GW, experiences drop in scoring February 17, 2015Smarter defense, less adept shooters and officiating changes have all contributed to a growing trend of low scoring in NCAA Division I men’s basketball.
- Defensive slide has Lonergan considering lineup changes February 17, 2015Juniors Joe McDonald, Kethan Savage, Patricio Garino, Kevin Larsen and senior John Kopriva have started all 25 of GW’s games this season, but that could change as early as Wednesday.
- Young but determined, baseball sets sights on Omaha February 12, 2015GW’s opening game against NJIT on Saturday marks the beginning of a season with less to instill and more to mold, teach and do. Here’s a look at the pieces and how they’re coming together.
- No. 24 women's basketball earns season sweep of Dayton February 9, 2015The Colonials, which had trailed for a total of two seconds in their previous game, erased a Dayton lead with a three from Jonquel Jones that sparked an 11-point run on the way to a 67-56 win at the Smith Center, the team’s 19th straight.
- With new look, baseball prepares for season of higher expectations February 9, 2015Head coach Gregg Ritchie had a fairly strict clean-shave rule during his first two seasons with the Colonials. But after slow starts plagued the team both years, he decided to loosen things up.
- With revamped rotation, softball launches bounceback campaign February 5, 2015Head coach Stacey Schramm hopes an infusion to pitching and continued explosiveness from infield bats will translate into more wins in the 2015 campaign.
- In sixth road loss of the season, Colonials show lack of composure February 2, 2015While college hoops may be one of the toughest sports to play as a visitor – the formula for RPI counts a road win as 1.4 wins and a road loss as 0.6 of a loss – an experienced GW squad that’s starting five upperclassmen was expected to better maintain its composure in hostile territory.