Recent Posts in Courtside
Despite grit and gratitude on display, baseball’s season ended Thursday afternoon in the Bronx after taking its second loss of the A-10 Championship, 12–4 to the Rams.
A bunch of runs, coupled with a clutch start by senior Jacob Williams, who twirled 5.2 innings, giving up one run on five hits and striking out six, helped to keep the season alive in a 6-1 win for GW.
Colonials drop their first game at the hands of VCU 5–1. Rams pitcher Michael Dailey kept bats quiet for seven innings, allowing just one run in the sixth.
- Colonials' softball playoff run cut short May 16, 2016Both Massachusetts and Saint Louis were able to get the better of GW (10-13 A-10) in the Colonials’ first postseason appearance since 2013 and fourth in program history.
- Versatile senior class reflects program growth, culture shift May 16, 2016Baseball's senior class played a key role in transforming GW into a postseason contender during head coach Gregg Ritchie's four years leading the program.
- A-10 Championship preview: Softball returns to the postseason May 9, 2016In search of its first-ever Atlantic 10 title, GW softball returns to the postseason this week after a three-year playoff drought.
- Former Yankee keeps strong ties with GW baseball coach, players May 9, 2016Last weekend in the Bronx, John Flaherty was busy with work on the Yankees-Sox series when his current career collided with his former one on GW baseball.
- As golf's lone freshman, Lowe shines in rookie campaign April 25, 2016GW golf's lone freshman, 18-year-old Logan Lowe, has already picked up four A-10 Rookie of the Week awards and paces the Colonials with an average score of 73.13.
- Colonials clinch road series over Dayton with 6–2 win April 25, 2016After dropping game two in a pitchers duel, juniors Joey Bartosic and Eric Ramsey led the Colonials to a 6–2 win in Sunday's rubber match.
- New women's basketball coach to build on program success April 18, 2016After 17 years at the helm in Hartford, Jennifer Rizzotti will take the lead as the new head coach of the GW women’s basketball program.
- Drafted sixth overall, Jones ready for WNBA April 18, 2016On Thursday, Jonquel Jones was selected sixth overall in the 2016 WNBA draft by the Los Angeles Spark and soon after was traded to the Connecticut Sun.
- Men's tennis captures A-10 title for third straight year April 18, 2016After VCU battled back to tie the match at 3-3, senior Cahit Kapukiran clinched GW's third straight Atlantic 10 title Sunday with a commanding third set victory.
- WNBA draft preview: Jones projected as first-round lock April 14, 2016The WNBA hosts its annual prospect draft this Thursday and senior forward Jonquel Jones is projected to be a lock as a first round selection.