Recent Posts in Newsroom
When celebrity chef Jose Andrés turned the tables and fired Donald Trump, the Republican presidential candidate didn’t take it lightly. Trump Old Post Office LLC sued Andrés’ ThinkFoodGroup and an affiliate, Topo Atrio LLC, for $10 million, citing two counts of breaking a contract for their restaurant deal in D.C., the Washington Business Journal reported […]
University President Steven Knapp awarded the highest award he can give, the George Washington University President’s Metal, to crooner Tony Bennett and his wife, Susan Benedetto, for their dedication to the arts at the Corcoran building Thursday night. “It’s a particular pleasure to recognize the contributions of Tony Bennett and Susan Benedetto to arts education […]
When a manager at a Metro station couldn’t retrieve a paper fare card stuck in a vending machine, a journalism professor in the School of Media and Public Affairs contacted the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority through Twitter – and got the card back later that day. Jonathan Ebinger, an adjunct lecturer, was at the […]
- Fourth-year law student died of natural causes in November July 30, 2015His cause of death was an abnormal heart rhythm known as a cardiac arrhythmia, which can occur when electrical impulses coordinating heartbeats don’t work properly, according to the Mayo Clinic. The arrhythmia was due to hyponatremic dehydration, the medical examiner said.
- Recent alumnus remembered as compassionate, loyal and 'whip smart' June 25, 2015Keaton Marek was found dead at 24th and M streets. His professors said he was a compassionate and eager student, who was not afraid to debate his classmates. Marek graduated from GW with a degree in political science in May.
- What's the deal with the 'Superdorm?' June 9, 2015It’s a bird! It’s a crane! No, it’s Superdorm.
- Most surprising crimes of 2014-15 June 9, 2015The University's crime log documents some of the interesting and outlandish rule violations occurring on campus every week, in addition to giving students a heads up on the serious crimes that have happened.
- Going Greek? Here's what you need to know June 9, 2015Got Greek letters on the brain? Always dreamed of singing “Wagon Wheel” on the patio of one of those townhouses you saw on your first tour of campus? Or just interested in learning the basics?