Recent Posts in Newsroom
Students can now say they attend the Emmy Award-winning George Washington University. GW won its first-ever Emmy Awards on Saturday night, University spokeswoman Maralee Csellar confirmed in an email Monday. The University’s office of marking and creative services won two of the four awards they were nominated for in animation graphics and commercial campaigns from […]
The University’s fundraising office is looking for ten new employees to rake in the next $60 million to round out its $1 billion fundraising campaign.
The changes, which were announced in a University release Monday, will include allowing associate professors to participate in the Faculty Senate, updating how faculty members are promoted and streamlining how deans of each school are chosen.
- Recent alumnus remembered as compassionate, loyal and 'whip smart' June 25, 2015Keaton Marek was found dead at 24th and M streets last Wednesday. His professors said he was a compassionate and eager student, who was not afraid to debate his classmates. Marek graduated from GW with a degree in political science in May.
- What's the deal with the 'Superdorm?' June 9, 2015It’s a bird! It’s a crane! No, it’s Superdorm.
- Most surprising crimes of 2014-15 June 9, 2015The University's crime log documents some of the interesting and outlandish rule violations occurring on campus every week, in addition to giving students a heads up on the serious crimes that have happened.
- Going Greek? Here's what you need to know June 9, 2015Got Greek letters on the brain? Always dreamed of singing “Wagon Wheel” on the patio of one of those townhouses you saw on your first tour of campus? Or just interested in learning the basics?
- Emergency resources to be listed on back of GWorlds June 9, 2015The phone numbers of five emergency services will now be listed on the back of new GWorld cards, a key part of Student Association President Andie Dowd’s campaign platform from earlier this year and the first checkmark on her overall goals.