Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2011 2:16 p.m.

Professor resigns after students complain she never taught class

Medical school professor Venetia Orcutt resigned last month after students wrote letters to Provost Steven Lerman, complaining she never taught a required course but gave every student an “A,” according to the Associated Press.

Three or more students sent letters to Lerman’s office, concerned with Orcutt’s absence during the 2009-2010 academic year from two out of three semesters of an evidence-based medicine course, according to the AP. The students said in the letters that Orcutt never discussed why she did not teach, but instead each student received an “A.”

Orcutt, who served as an assistant professor and chair of the department of physician assistant studies, did not immediately return a request for comment. Lerman also did not immediately return a request for comment.

The University is investigating the students’ claims, according to the AP.

• mike

ya know that’s sort of funny, both funny ha ha and funny weird

• Cliff Albrect

Yea, that’s just normal GW, but an extreme case. Very few classes at GW are actually taught. I can count on one hand my total number while a student.

• Cliff Albrect

Yea, that’s just normal GW, but an extreme case. I can count on one hand the number of taught classes I had in my 4 years.

• Shirts

Why all your family members does need to explore Offer Snapback A terrific way snapbacksite2013comment to learn more about an additional Peek? Snapback a multi function terrific way to educate yourself regarding are already a multi function fashion accident because going to be the Eighties.