Recent Posts in Newsroom
SPEAK GW hosted its fifth event for National Eating Disorder Awareness Week on Wednesday: a discussion with Brian Cuban, the author of “Shattered Image: My Triumph Over Body Dysmorphic Disorder.”
Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple and the first openly gay CEO of a Fortune 500 company, will give the Commencement address for the Class of 2015 on May 17.
Apple’s chief executive officer will give the keynote address at Commencement this May, the University announced Wednesday.
- GW looks to create master's degree in sustainable governance February 23, 2015Officials are beginning to plan out a master’s degree in sustainable governance to boost GW’s portfolio of sustainability-related graduate programs.
- Rabbi who filmed alumna pleads guilty to 52 counts of voyeurism February 23, 2015Barry Freundel, the former rabbi of Kesher Israel synagogue on 28th and N streets, could face up to 52 years in prison for the crime — one year for each of the women identified.
- Columbian College turns to social media for graduate student recruitment February 23, 2015The Columbian College of Arts and Sciences is ramping up its Facebook and Spotify advertising, joining other schools and universities that are targeting potential new students on the social media platforms they are most likely to use.
- Snapshot February 23, 2015Media Credit: Sam Hardgrove | Hatchet Staff PhotographerBencoolen, a band made up of GW students, won first place at The Capital Clash battle of the bands at Georgetown University. The competition was between bands from GW, American and Georgetown that performed in front of a student audience Friday night.
- Visualized: D.C. isn't as expensive as you think February 23, 2015Media Credit: Anna McGarrigle | Senior Designer