Recent Posts in Newsroom
This post was written by assistant news editors Ryan Lasker and Robin Eberhardt. Nearly 300 of the Metro’s oldest railcars have been found to have asbestos outside of the cars’ passenger cabins, NBC Washington reported Tuesday. The hazardous material was found in the heater box behind each affected 1000-series railcar’s evaporator, according to a contractor […]
One Metro Police Department director allegedly isn’t a fan of the maple leaf.
Not everyone exposed to HIV ends up with the virus, a GW professor found.
- Recent alumnus remembered as compassionate, loyal and 'whip smart' June 25, 2015Keaton Marek was found dead at 24th and M streets. His professors said he was a compassionate and eager student, who was not afraid to debate his classmates. Marek graduated from GW with a degree in political science in May.
- What's the deal with the 'Superdorm?' June 9, 2015It’s a bird! It’s a crane! No, it’s Superdorm.
- Most surprising crimes of 2014-15 June 9, 2015The University's crime log documents some of the interesting and outlandish rule violations occurring on campus every week, in addition to giving students a heads up on the serious crimes that have happened.
- Going Greek? Here's what you need to know June 9, 2015Got Greek letters on the brain? Always dreamed of singing “Wagon Wheel” on the patio of one of those townhouses you saw on your first tour of campus? Or just interested in learning the basics?
- Emergency resources to be listed on back of GWorlds June 9, 2015The phone numbers of five emergency services will now be listed on the back of new GWorld cards, a key part of Student Association President Andie Dowd’s campaign platform from earlier this year and the first checkmark on her overall goals.