Saturday, Feb. 25, 2012 11:07 a.m.

Two SA Senate candidates receive violations

Student Association, SA, postering, marvin center

The Joint Elections Committee's charter prohibits more than 30 posters for executive positions, 20 for U-At-Large seats and 10 for all other posts. Hatchet File Photo

The Joint Elections Committee charged two candidates with campaign  violations Saturday – the first violations the body has doled out during the election season.

Ross Rattanasena, who secured one of three Elliott School of International Affairs senate seats, is charged will hanging too many posters on a building. Senate candidates can only post 10 posters.

Justin Pennish, who unsuccessfully bid for the U-At-Large seat, is also charged with exceeding the poster limit. He is also charged with the failure to get his materials approved by the JEC.

Candidates found guilty of six or more violations will be removed from the ballot.

The violation hearings for both candidates will be held on Feb. 27.

• are you kidding me

Enough said. What is the point of handing out a violation to someone who didn’t even win? And honestly for having too many posters on a building? The JEC sucks.

• Anonymous

Who is “Justin”? Way to go Hatchet.

• Do Us All A Favor And Transfer

Justin is the biggest joke the SA has seen in a long time. Too bad we now won’t have waffle irons in residence halls and be able to see his sweet karate moves during Seante Meetings.

• Hugo Scheckter

I think calling Justin a joke is a bit unfair. Clearly had good ideas but just didn’t have the network to have a good shot. I’d rather have a senate full of Justins that people who don’t care. He’s a good kid.