Friday, May 18, 2012 3:40 p.m.

New campus buildings to offer gender-neutral bathrooms

The University will look to offer gender-neutral bathrooms into new buildings to accommodate the transgender community. Hatchet File Photo

Future campus buildings will come equipped with gender-neutral bathrooms to support and accommodate the University’s LGBT community.

The Law Learning Center, Science and Engineering Hall and the new building for the School of Public Health and Health Services will include gender-neutral bathrooms, University spokeswoman Michelle Sherrard said.

Sherrard added that the University “will seek to do so as a matter of practice in new buildings, whenever possible.”

President of Allied in Pride Nick Gumas lauded the University for creating “a more inclusive environment for all.”

“Having gender neutral bathrooms on campus adequately acknowledges and protects the needs of trans-gender students,” Gumas said in an email.

• T

Good for GW. The article says this benefits the LGBT community…don’t think this really applies to L G or B.

• BigHead George

Now if only the University had put gender neutral showers in the residence halls…GOOD MORNING TO ME!!! :P

• Yasemin

Amazing work. Thank you to all the people behind this who is helping push forth an environment acceptable to ALL GWU students. Great work.

• Yasemin

are*