Priya Anand contributed to this report.
Recent Posts in Newsroom
The University announced this week that it will award three people honorary degrees this year at University Commencement. Sen. Cory Booker, GW’s commencement speaker, will receive an honorary doctorate of public service, according to the release. Albert H. Small, the president of Southern Engineering Corporation, will also receive an honorary degree.Small, a long-time real estate […]
A black man wearing a black t-shirt and pants sexually assaulted a female on 21st Street and Pennsylvania Avenue Tuesday afternoon.
Dianne Martin, the vice provost for faculty affairs, will retire on Aug. 31 after 33 years at GW.
- Institute director discovers new way to measure autism April 28, 2016Kevin Pelphrey, the director of GW’s autism institute, published a paper last week that found a new way to measure autism in boys.
- Professor known for popular course on death to retire April 28, 2016Pamela Woodruff, a psychology professor and GW alumnus who began teaching at GW in the mid 1970s, is retiring this year.
- Four residence halls to receive upgrades this summer April 28, 2016Officials plan to install new floors in JBKO, bathrooms and kitchens in 2109 F Street and furniture in Thurston Hall as part of summer housing renovations.
- Mental Health Services director position still open after seven-month vacancy April 28, 2016Six months after the center’s last director stepped down, there are no signs of a new Mental Health Services director.
- Six national fraternities vie to join campus April 28, 2016Alpha Sigma Phi, Chi Phi, Delta Lambda Phi, Phi Delta Theta, Phi Gamma Delta and Sigma Alpha Mu are all being considered to open a chapter on campus.