Priya Anand contributed to this report.
Recent Posts in Newsroom
JBKO was evacuated at about 4 p.m. Saturday after a burner was left on in a resident’s room, University spokesman Brett Zongker said. University Police Department officers and D.C. Fire and EMS responded to the scene. UPD officers asked residents to wait down the street away from the building. Residents were allowed back in JBKO […]
A recent alumnus and current White House staffer’s email account was hacked this week, revealing political documents and messages from his time at GW. The hacked Gmail account belonged to Ian Mellul, a White House staffer who is currently working on Hillary Clinton’s Democratic presidential campaign. The website DC Leaks, which claims to be started by American hackers, released […]
D.C. officials removed homeless people living in tents near Washington Circle Tuesday, a liaison from Mayor Muriel Bowser’s office said at a neighborhood meeting Wednesday night.
- Fewer students participate in sorority recruitment September 22, 2016Of the original 572 women, 467 received and accepted bids this week. That means over 150 fewer students applied this fall to the recruitment process.
- Parents of late graduate student call to have his death reclassified September 22, 2016The parents of a former graduate student and army veteran who died after a fight at a D.C. McDonald’s in 2011 want to clear his name.
- University rises 10 spots in national 'green' rankings September 22, 2016The University’s eco-friendly ranking rose 10 spots this year.
- Up to 15 dining workers laid off in vendor transition September 22, 2016As many as 15 dining workers lost their jobs in the transition to a new dining vendor this fall.
- SA opens center stocked with supplies for student groups September 19, 2016The Student Association has created a centralized resource center for student organizations stocked with office supplies commonly needed by the groups.