Monday, Sept. 17, 2012 7:09 p.m.

Stewart, O’Reilly to face off next month at GW

Jon Stewart.  Photo courtesy of Comedy Central

Updated: Sept. 18, 2012, 12:00 a.m.

Days after the nation lurches into presidential debate season, political commentators Jon Stewart and Bill O’Reilly will spar off at GW.

O’Reilly, a Fox News host, will face Comedy Central anchor Stewart at 8 p.m. on Oct. 6.

A “limited number” of student tickets will be available Tuesday at 11 a.m. from the Lisner Auditorium Box Office. They will sell for $25 with a valid GWorld card.

Additional tickets will sell for $75 to $100 through the debate’s website. Students can also pay $4.95 to watch the live-streamed show through the website. Half of the event’s profits will go to charity.

Former Fox and Friends host E.D. Hill will moderate the 90-minute debate.

The TV hosts maintain on-air rivalries, but have occasionally appeared on each others’ shows.

Bill O’Reilly. Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.

Stewart, a political satirist, was last on campus in March for the Clinton Global Initiative University conference, where he spoke alongside former President Bill Clinton.

• Steve Doocy

E.D. Hill, famous coiner of the phrase, “terrorist fist jab.”

• D. Tom Gadsden

TICKETS PLEASE!!

• Jumping for J St

HYFR

• The Do Nothings

Just watch the CR’s take all of the credit for the Program Board bringing Bill O’Reilly. Those eboard kids’ claims about their ‘connections’ are hilarious, and their programming this year has been more of a joke than last year’s.

• student

According to GW TV, tickets are $5

• Joshua

What’s the debate’s resolution? A debate without a resolution is just a shouting match… if that’s really what this is, then fine. Just call it that!

• SNES Chalmers

Ticket allocation is going to be crazy, we’re gonna have people waiting in line for 16 hours like when Hillary came to speak a couple years ago.

That is, if any tickets are allocated to students at all. And considering this is GW, I put it in the “doubtful” range.

• El

Wait, so are you saying the students won’t get tickets?

• undergrad

There are a limited amount of tickets for students that wil be released on thursday; check back on wednesday for more information.

• Kevin
  • SNES Chalmers

So I was half-right, but I’d bet $25 that there are people standing by the entrance to Lisner right now.

• Jared

Indeed, this morning at 8am there was a group of about 10 students waiting in front of Lisner. At about 8:30 somebody said something to them and they dispersed….

• D. Tom Gadsden

Has anyone been able to get through?

• GWStudent

I hope that GW groups were not actually involved in the planning of this. Because its not really a GW student event if very little GW students actually get to attend

• SNES Chalmers

FYI: All 100 (!) tickets allocated for students have been sold out. There’s always the $75-$100 ones, it’s a steal!

Oh GW, you never disappoint to underwhelm.

• Nicole

It is not a GW sanctioned event. They are just renting the space at Lisner like hundreds of other organizations do.

Thus, it isn’t GW’s fault that you don’t think there are enough student tickets, or you don’t like the price, or whatever issue you can think to complain about next.