The Forum

Commentary

Monday, Sept. 21, 2009 12:06 p.m.

Clark: Rejecting health care reform

Andrew Clark, a Hatchet Columnist and College Republican E-Board member, explains why college students should be opposed to current health care legislation.

On the surface, it may seem like the Democrats’ plan will be a boon for our generation. Cheap insurance? Good benefits? We should be clamoring for it! What are we waiting for? Well, upon closer examination of the bill, it turns out that H.R. 3200 and the other alternatives are not good deals for us at all.

• Not correct

Get your facts straight, that’s the House of Reps bill, not the Senate, HR 3200 will not be the bill that is passed. the Senate finance bill has less mandates. It is still somewhat expensive, but its a price that is worth it if something catastrophic happens to you.

• Health Care Cheerleader

Give me a “Thirty!”

*Thirty!*

Give me a “Seven!”

*Seven!*

Put it all together and what do you got?

*We’re 37th in quality of health care on the World Health Organization’s ranking! Wooo!*

If anyone besides the nincompoops at the GW YAF buys into the crap the author has spewed into this column, then we know we’re really in trouble.

• GOP Free thinker

If God cared about poor people he wouldn’t let them get sick. End of Story.

• Eric Walker

This is a load of pony, mate.

Insurance costs more in New Jersey because the cost of living is higher than it is in Kentucky. And no one would challenge that people in NJ are healthier than people in KY because of it.

And the CBO estimate is over a 10-year period, so the 1 trillion dollar cost would be aggregated out to 100 billion for each year. If we can give 700 billion to wall street, we can surely afford 100 billion to make sure that everyone in this country is covered.